Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I've had my Budgie he's very friendly and tame spends maybe

Customer Question

I've had my Budgie for 10days he's very friendly and tame spends maybe 5 to 6 hours a day out of his cage as soon as I put him in cage for the night he flies,at the door tears at the bars tries to great out by the feed bins he keeps going and going causing me stress is this normal behavour
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I understand your concern, but this is quite typical behavior for a young bird who's recently been introduced to a new home. Is his cage located in a quiet part of your home, away from T.V. and/or conversational sounds, and do you cover his cage at night with a dark cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He could hear the TV and people talking he is cover at night his behaviour starts as soon as he is put in the cage
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you. That is one thing you may be able to change to hasten his adaptation to your home. What are you feeding him?