Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a baby society finch who appears to have splayed

Customer Question

I have a baby society finch who appears to have splayed legs...she was born here and we now have three finches including her....she is about a month old. Is there anything I can do to help her? She is learning to fly great. (We give them a room in the house to fly in..they live it) but has a bit of a hard time with landing with the splayed legs
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian-oriented vets on this site. There is something you can do for Emmy and because in these cases a picture is worth a thousand words, please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7cRFqWMahE and this site: http://www.2ndchance.info/spraddle.htm

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never give bad reviews...but....Waited 4 hours for than to send me the first youtube video that comes up when you Google the problem!!! Waste of $15

I understand. I'll opt out which will give another expert an opportunity to enter the conversation.