Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in general practice, including avian.
18324312

I have a five month old chicken that has pecking on the back

Customer Question

I have a five month old chicken that has pecking on the back and is not putting any weight on one feet
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I'm sorry to read of your chicken's condition, and I apologize for the length of time you've had to wait for a response. There aren't many poultry-knowledgeable veterinarians online, and I was offline last evening. Did she start showing signs of lameness before or after the pecking started, and does she have feathers missing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
feather missing from back bunch of it.but main problem is that her left foot she cant put it down lot of pain and that's why she is seating on side for last 3 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give her food and water buy her and she eat it
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thank you. Again, sorry for the delay, I've been offline while driving to my clinic. Does she how any signs of injury or infection on the bottom of her foot? (bumblefoot)