Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My pet rooster had to have two toes amputated on s left foot

Customer Question

My pet rooster had to have two toes amputated on his left foot about two years ago The foot keeps swelling until it looks like a wood iron and he stands on his right foot probabley because the left one is painful. I give him Epsom salt foot baths and cold compresses. That helps for a short time. Is there anything else I can do to relieve his pain? I'm going to start taking him to visit schools and nursing homes as he is so good natured.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I answered this question in a previous post and had questions of my own for you. I couldn't mark this question as a duplicate. Is this a follow-up to our conversation or are you looking for another expert's input as part of our "two experts" program?