Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in general practice, including avian.
18324312

I have a 5 yr old khaki hen with a bumble that has grown

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 5 yr old khaki Campbell hen with a bumble that has grown even larger over the last week. either the name of a relatively local vet that knows what a bumble is...or instructions on how to get rid of it. I have had her soaking in warm Epsom salts several times a day...bandaging with triple antibiotic and silver sulfadiazine. What's next?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr.Bob. I apologize for the length of time this reply has taken to get back to you. There aren't many poultry knowledgeable veterinarians online, and I've been off for the evening. I'm sorry to read of George's condition.

How long has the bumble (bumblefoot, I presume) been present?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've actually been able to find a local vet that treats ducks...so hopefully all is taken care of.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Thank you for letting me know. If I may ever be of help to you in the future, please let me know.

Kind regards, *****