Gina
Gina, Animal Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in pet health care, breeder of English Mastiffs, barnyard, knowledgeable aquarium keeper.
673497

Yesterday I was setting outside and watched what looked like

Customer Question

Yesterday I was setting outside and watched what looked like a baby bird walking around on the ground very close to my town home wall. He/She tried to get between the wall and the down spout. As I watched it noticed an abandoned rabbit hole that went under
ground. It went in and came out several times, until it just stayed in it. Can you tell me why it would do that. I have not seen it today. Yesterday I know it was there up until 10:00 pm because I taped the edge and it came to the top. Sorry I have not done
that today. Any thing to make my understand would be a great help. Thank you for your time.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please I have not heard from anyone on my Question that I asked yesterday. The bird was not hurt, but I don't understand why the little guy/gal would stay on the ground and not go for a tree. I have a lot of trees around the home. Concerned wild life watcher.
Expert:  Gina replied 1 year ago.

Hello:

I'm so sorry that no one has reached out to you yet about your grooming question regarding your feathered friend... this is certainly not the norm for JustAnswer or the Expert Community, so my sincerest apology. If you no longer need assistance, please use the reply box to let me know and I'll ask Customer Service to close your question for you. If you would like some more assistance, please continue to read as I'm happy to assist you.

Although it may not appear injured, he may be so keep that in mind. Wildlife does NOT like to show any injury if it can be helped at all to keep them from being targeted by predators. (I'm going to say "he" even though we don't know the sex of the baby bird..I don't care to say "it") He may have fallen from the nest, or been pushed by siblings, and have not developed the ability to fly as of yet. The wonderful thing is he found a great place to hide from predators, so hopefully he'll end up healing or growing/developing flight feathers so he'll take to the air in no time. :)

If you need more assistance with this topic please use the reply box to let me know...I'm happy to discuss further. If you are satisfied with my personal assistance, please take a moment to rate my answer to you using the stars at the top of the page.

Thank you,

Gina