Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I have a bird feeder in my front yard of my townhouse. The

Customer Question

I have a bird feeder in my front yard of my townhouse. The other day I went out to watch them and the bunnies eat. As I was watching I noticed a bird seating on top of the feeder not moving. Then I noticed a bird laying in where the bird seed comes out. It was just laying there not moving. I went over and it just layed there. I picked up a small stick and after a few minutes they both took off and went to another tree. Can you please tell me why. Anything you can tell me would help. Note it has not happened again.
Thank you from someone who loves wildlife.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Did either bird appear to be breathing heavily?
Did they leave any diarrhea behind when they left?
Are you aware of anyone poisoning birds (but also slugs, snails, or any insects) locally?