Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

My conure parrot is biting himself all over his body all of the time, rather frantically. I am spraying him with water every day in this hot weather. could mites be the problem?
Thanks,
concerned owner
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do take him outside every day in his plastic carrier. I usually put the carrier on a wooden bench on the back porch or on a plastic chair, as I have seen tiny red mites coming from cracks in the concrete under the porch. He stays out for one hour to get Sun.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This service seems very slow, since I made my request at 5:40 A.M. I would have thought I would have a response by now. I completed my profile. I have an I phone. if. You try to call me, it won't ring. You would have to leave a message.Thanks.Linda Ertel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I said "pecking", I meant preening, but he is doing it most of the time now. When he came out of the cage this morning, for fifteen minutes he did not preening. then he began to preening a little, but was more focused on eating.Linda Ertel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. Never mind! I was hoping to call the vet. Just looking for a phone number. My phone will be on the charger for at least an hour as it is at 10 percent.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator