Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My duck has a scab on the bottom of her web and a small bubble

Customer Question

My duck has a scab on the bottom of her web and a small bubble on top. Soaked foot in warm water and removed scab but it didn't drain. What should I do now?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How long has it been present?
Does the bubble feel firm or hard?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do photos from my phone. So if no help is to be had without them I will find another vet.I don't have time for this
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Photos are always ideal, but if you cannot take any then we can still discuss how to approach this situation. But if you wish to do so, can you at please answer those questions I asked you above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I should have thought this through. How do I know your duck qualified to answer? No I cannot send a pic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My duck could be really infected by the time someone gets bsck to me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting charged over 30 bucks for WHAT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will report this to my states Attorney General if my credit card gets charged for no help. I am in need of real HELP