Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My parrot fell off his perch. Now he is laying down on one

Customer Question

My parrot fell off his perch. Now he is laying down on one side and breathing has speed up. What should I do?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 year ago.
Hello there, I just saw your question. Sorry for the delay.Do you still need assistance ?Is this an African Grey or another breed ? How is he now ? What do you feed him with ? Is he always in his cage or free in the house ?I will be online one more hour. Sorry for the trouble again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dr. D,

I am sorry that I didn't get back to you in time but I panicked before I received your response and tried to take Tweety to the 24 hr vet. He had a died in my hands before I could get to the car.

Expert:  Dr.D replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved bird. We usually consider lack of Calcium, Lead poisoning, atherosclerosis, acute trauma in birds who fell off his perch. I am sorry I could not assist you .