Rebecca, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  veterinarian since 1985
11877925

I have an injured baby bird in my back yard . I also have

Customer Question

I have an injured baby bird in my back yard . I also have two dogs. I am too squeamish to pick it up . It is trying so hard to survive. It is one of the common birds the parents are black with a white stripe . Longish thin beaks. Can you give me a phone number to call for someone who will pick it up and help it. I am useless with birds.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
********** or(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for trying to help with this baby. In most areas, there are bird rescue groups. Where are you located?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I see your area code is for Las Vegas. Only licensed bird rescuers can help you; all wild birds are protected in the US. Even I, a veterinarian, can't legally treat wild birds. Here is a rescue organization in Las Vegas:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marys-Wild-Bird-Rescue-of-Las-Vegas/333586370050943
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
You local shelter may be able to help. I can take baby birds to my shelter, and the bird rehab group picks them up there. I know you don't want to handle the bird, but maybe a neighbor could put it in a box. If the bird's parents are around, and if the baby bird has feathers, the best thing is to leave it alone and let the parents help it.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ann,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?