Jeremy-DVM
Jeremy-DVM, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner at Self
81645848

My albino parakeet having trouble flying Wings are fine but

Customer Question

My albino parakeet having trouble flying
Wings are fine but keeps hitting walls etc
Could it be eyesight issues? Has a buddy but afraid to let him fly ,,,,
Jan
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where s the answer?
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Jeremy-DVM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Jeremy.I like to try to help you with your bird. Are you able to handle the bird? If so try a bright flash light and see if the pules of his eyes constrict. Birds can control this so it's no 100%, but if the pules constrict then nerve function is present. No try to touch his eye's with a clean finger, you don't have to touch them but you want to get really close. He should blink, if not your bird may be having vision issues. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Jeremy DVM