You should bathe any wounds you can see with either dilute Betadine or dilute peroxide solution, as both these will have an antibacterial effect and flush the wounds out.
Chickens are very susceptible to shock- so keep her warm and try and administer a small amount of sugary fluid, such as Gatorade to help combat the shock.
If she doesn't go into shock, and seems ok, then bathe the wounds twice daily, but you may need to get her on antibiotics when your vet opens.
1.How do I know if she is in shock?
2.What is the ratio to dilute the peroxide? I have that on hand - hydrogen peroxide- if that's the same thing you mean. I assume you mean to dilute it with water?
As for keeping her warm, I am in Austin, Texas and the air temperature is currently 60 degrees. She has sequestered herself back into the corner under the coop and I cannot really get to her. I put food and water in her area and I have some of the electrolyte mix for chickens on hand, as well. I will mix that into her water.
Thank you for the advice--there are no vets open today.
If she is in shock she will become very withdrawn and not eat, drink or move around.
If you have 3% hydrogen peroxide then i would use that diluted 1 part water to 1 part peroxide, and bathe with that.
It sounds like she will be warm enough as you are lucky enough to have warm weather at this time of year!
She's definitely in shock. She let me pick her up and dose her head with the solution. She is not handled much, so quite atypical behavior. She's quietly complaining and standing in a pile of fresh bedding. I was hoping she would snuggle in and rest. Her food, drink and greens are there, too. She's been standing for about the last 10 minutes. She made it through the night, as this happened about 2 a.m. here. She was awake and standing on a perch this morning. Complaining.
Will she die if she's in shock? The chicken farmer, Matt, is in Colorado tending to sick and elderly parents for the holiday. This is his chicken. He doesn't know, yet.