Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am trying to lose weight, but it is going slow. I managed

Customer Question

I am trying to lose weight, but it is going slow. I managed to lose 10 pounds out of my goal with a very very strict diet. I cannot do any physical exercises because of a lower back problem. I want to be able to lose the rest of the amount of weight by Feb. 15th 2017. I came across something called cryo cavitation therapy (a/k/a cool sculpting). My boyfriend is 5'8" , 265 lbs., and he went through the process with a moderate diet and only 30 minutes of walking every other day. He managed to lose 3 inches off his waistline and 12 lbs in 5 days. I am wondering if this process would give me the same effect he got (proportionately) of course, and if it is considered safe?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Bariatrics
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I am 5'6" and am currently 145 pounds.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 24 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

It could very well work for you.

It is, of course, not as safe as diet with a proven plan such as Weight Watchers......but the complication rates are pretty low.

So. What is the take home message?

1. cryo cavitation therapy can work for you

2. But Weight Watchers is less expensive, totally safe and can give you lifelong skills to keep the weight off. It can even work for folks who can not exercise a log.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will this same procedure be working efficiently on the pubic area for my boyfriend , and will it have any side effects, because so far, my boyfriend who is having the procedure, has only done so on his upper stomach area, and wants to concentrate on the lower part now.