Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I have a gastrointestinal question . I went and gas a bowl

Customer Question

I have a gastrointestinal question . I went and gas a bowl movement this morning and after I did I had blood coming from my anus that dropped into the toilet. It was not located on the stool so that tells me that it could possible be a internal hemroid that pooped. I have had a colonoscopy about a year ago. What do I do. This is no cause for concern correct. The bleeding did frighten me I thought I was spotting. I am only 30
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
Why did you have the colonoscopy? It could be a hemmorhoid that ruptured, or it could be other things in the colon. When you have more than just spotting, it is cause for concern because hemmorhoids are veins under low pressure, then do not bleed excessively unless very large. get back to me to discuss if I can help dr Frank
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did stop it was like a few drops into the toilet and so it looked worse than it was I guess but I sipped three times it wasn't soaking in blood it took to wipes. I had a colonoscopy because of a ct scan had showed colitis and they wanted to make sure it wasn't serous they found to poloyps one that wasn't cancerous and one that was pre cancer and removed them but otherwise I had a buetiful colon and I also saw the video.
Then it probably was a hemmorhoid. You need to not bear down, use stool softener, drink plenty of water, add fiber to your diet. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They said I have ibs as well but can internal hemroids bleed more than normal. I am having a little cramping as well
It might be diverticulosis or other causes if you have cramping. Hemmorhoids are usually painless bleeding, noted on a wipe. I would suggest you see your doctor, ok? Dr Frank
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok well that was painles I think the cramping is from my cyst or ibs
I hope I helped, please remember to rate this service as that is how I am compensated for this work, I will put out the premium option where I can call you, if you wish to discuss this further on the phone. Dr Frank