Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Dry mouth, bad taste in mouth, constipation, some back pain

Customer Question

dry mouth, bad taste in mouth, constipation, some back pain but not consistent, stool shows some thinness but no discolor, no weight loss, no problem of this kind up until now,last checkup showed good health signs.
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long are you having these symptoms?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am currently taking Finasteride 5 mg, Omeprazole 20 mg, tamsulosin .4 mg and Trazodone 50 mg.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I would strongly recommend that you be seen and be tested further with blood tests with dry mouth, constipation and back pain.There are many conditions such as thyroid problem, disc problem in your lower back, high levels of calcium or glucose in your blood, multiple myeloma (rare cause) that need to be considered and ruled out.So I would recommend that you be seen to have these and other conditions be considered and ruled out by history, physical examination and testing.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards