How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a question about my mortgage company. we have a

Customer Question

hello! have a question about my mortgage company. we have a affirmation agreement that we have been for months now they want to change it and what us to pay a lump sum .then pay a monthly payment. my husband lost his job (oil) when we filed bankruptcy. can they do that?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the reaffirmation agreement was signed by both us and them and filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the amount they want keeps changing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the reaffirmation agreement is the new contract. So, unless the contract allows them to do what they are doing, then no, they cannot do that!