Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

If payment is being made to a collection agency on regular

Customer Question

If payment is being made to a collection agency on regular bases for several months and then you increased payment can they still take you to court or force you to go into bankruptcy?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This depends on the repayment contract between you and the creditor. Do you have it and if so, can you attach it to your reply? Or at least tell me if the repayment contract states that you will only make "x" amount of payments to them, and no more?

Or, there is no written repayment agreement?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 17 days ago.
Hello! I plan to log off soon and am just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!