Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

If I file a motion to stay or dismiss a foreclosure auction,

Customer Question

If I file a motion to stay or dismiss a foreclosure auction, will it take affect immediately
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 26 days ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. It would only go into effect once the court orders it. Did you file a bankruptcy? if you filed bankruptcy, the bankruptcy stops the foreclosure instantly if you have not had 2 prior bankruptcy cases in the last 12 months. you would just give that to the lender/lender's attorney as it stops the foreclosure the minute you file a chapter 13. let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Terry L. replied 25 days ago.

Following up, did you have any other questions>? If not, please rate my answer 5 stars so I can get credit for answering. thanks