Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

On or about 12 years ago a client wanted to invest $200,000

Customer Question

on or about 12 years ago a client wanted to invest $200,000 dollars but the stock market lost all moneys now I found out that this case is listed with the hickory court house he wanted to invest to make 600,000 I said this is has been done before then also he never told his wife and she wanted to no if I could guaranty, I said no their are no guaranties and I told her Husband first She is your wife and without both agreeing I will not take this case, but her husband said in a loud voice I will pay I have hearth of such cases and I will due it I said to him over and over again no guaranty. Now I found out from the Court that they filled a civil case processing system on 01-11-2016 can they still win in court after12 years?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: State is North Carolina and this was on investment and not a real estate
JA: I'm the lawyer's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: So, what can I expect. because of this deal I had to file bankruptcy because I had to pay additional $10,000 to the Stock market
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: At this point we are broke and I can not find any jop
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is their any status of limitation after 12 years?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

There are statutes of limitations in every state that apply to different types of cases. I need to know more about the type of lawsuit that was filed against you, and what you have done about it since it was filed last January. What does the complaint alleg that you did wrong? I will be available and online for the rest of the afternoon. I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I can tell you the N. Carolina statute of limitations statute is huge. From what you tell me it appears that the six year limitation period would apply to your situation. See: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/pdf/ByArticle/Chapter_1/Article_5.pdf section 1.50

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.