Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I am in need of getting a car. My car is dead it's not

Customer Question

I am in need of getting a car. My car is dead it's not repairable. I am currently in Bankruptcy 13 scheduled to discharge in January 2017. My car is in the bankruptcy 13 but just received the title. Is it possible ,because I have no transportation to finance a car now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, if you wish to finance one, you would need to file a motion to incur debt/obtain credit to get a loan on a car. if you are paying cash, then you won't need a motion. The motion is to make sure that the vehicle is reasonable and necessary, that the payments aren't crazy, and that it's a decent interest rate. They also want to see that you can afford the payments for the new car.
So, go to the dealer, and get a proposed contract for purchase. then attach that as an exhibit to the motion to incur debt/obtain credit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 month ago.

most welcome. Please rate my answer 5 stars if you are satisfied.

Feel free to request me for any other questions. Good luck to you.