Texas Atty
Texas Atty, Attorney
Experience:  JD
11068102

If you have money in a Federal Credit Union, can that money

Customer Question

If you have money in a Federal Credit Union, can that money be garnished?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Texas Atty replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

As a general rule, yes. Money in any kind of credit union or bank can be garnished.

There are some exceptions, such as the IRS approved College Savings plans or Medical Savings plans, but if it is just a checking account or a savings account then it can be garnished.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. My next question is that it states that you can use this service free for 1 week. I was charged the same day.
Expert:  Texas Atty replied 6 months ago.

The experts don't have anything to do with the billing but since you never issued your Positive Rating after my correct answer then you would have to contact customer service about the issue. I understand there is a link somewhere on your page to contact them.