Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Loan useding car as collateral, will i lose it in

Customer Question

loan useding car as collateral, will i lose it in bankruptcy?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

You will not necessarily lose the car in a bankruptcy, but I need more information. Will you be filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?