Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

ITT has filed for bankruptcy, I have an Associates in

Customer Question

ITT has filed for bankruptcy, I have an Associates in electrical engineering technology that cannot be transfered. Do they owe me a refund
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i just received their bankruptcy notice today in the mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

They may owe you a refund plus the value of the time and expenses you incurred in taking the courses for which you will not be able to obtain formal degree recognition under a theory of breach of contract. The problem is that you would be considered an unsecured creditor in ITT's bankruptcy so you may only receive cents on the dollar for your claim. You should receive and file a bankruptcy proof of claim form. You can read more about that here and apply this info to the court where ITT filed its BK.

Please Note:

(1) The information provided above is general in nature and for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice you should consult with a local lawyer of your choice who can better guide you after reviewing all the pertinent facts and details. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and

(3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.