Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  N/A

It's been 7 years since I filed bankrupty ... how do you get

Customer Question

It's been 7 years since I filed bankrupty ... how do you get this removed from your credit reports?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is*****

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Do you have a copy of your discharge order and list or creditors?

Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings stay on a debtor's credit report for 10 years. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing stays on a debtor's credit report for 7 years. If the credit reporting agencies fail to remove the bankruptcy filing by the 7 or 10-year mark, the discharge order and list of creditors should be sent to the credit reporting agencies, along with a cover letter asking them to correct and update the information. I hope this helps.

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

Do you have any additional related questions? If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so that I will be paid for my time assisting you today. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star in the rating section above so I do appreciate a positive rating before you leave the website. THANK YOU VERY MUCH