Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was married to someone for 26 years. never was told their

Customer Question

i was married to someone for 26 years. never was told their salary or income by her, just short of having to go to blows so i have left it alone, until she filed for divorce september 2016. finally found her income tax paperwork, joint return, which was hidden shortly ever signing my signature. she was making over lower six figures. she spent a lot of money on unaccounted items, i was asked to file joint chapter 13 bankruptcy in state of mississippi. upon signing i found out that her debts were $60,000.00 and her student loans added up to $214,000.00. i was forced to pay the $60,000.00 and $65,515.70 of her student loans with no help from her. now divorce is in the works filed by her. ISN'T LOVE GRAND? I HAVE BEEN A FOOL FOR 26 YEARS. LOVE IS BLIND. CAN I SUE HER FOR THE MONIES I PAID FROM THE BANKRUPTCY FILED IN 2010 AND DISCHARGED IN 2015???? HELP ME. A FOOL....
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question

CAN I SUE HER FOR THE MONIES I PAID FROM THE BANKRUPTCY FILED IN 2010 AND DISCHARGED IN 2015???? HELP ME. A FOOL....

Response: Unfortunately, no. However, you can bring up the issue in your divorce and use to request for bigger share of any marital asset remaining.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.