TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I am having problems that affects my licensing for my

Customer Question

I am having problems that affects my licensing for my Business, for that reason I filed for a chapter 11 to reorganized my business and move forward, but the law firm I have got me to the point whereby court converted my case to chapter 7. I fought furiously to file a motion to get it back to chapter 11. Which they claimed they did. However, I just received a message that the motion to bring the case back to chapter 11 is denied. I really would like to have my business back and continues. What steps I should take to prevent execution of chapter 7 which it is now?.
Thank you.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

However, I am not positive what you mean by execution of chapter 7. Are you asking if you can get your chapter 7 case dismissed?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Currently, the case was converted to chapter 7 and my lawyers filed motion to convert it back to chapter11, and now they claimed that was denied.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I do not want my business liquidated. What should I do?.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
My small business is doing terrific.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Are you there?.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No I meant, not to liquidate my business asset.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello again.

You can try to get the case dismissed by filing a motion to dismiss. The main problem is that the creditors have rights once you for bankruptcy, and I've certainly seen situations where creditors will fight a dismissal. That could happen if they believe that they would be better off if the assets were liquidated and the proceeds used to pay them.

But the bot***** *****ne is that you need to move the court for a dismissal.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
My card was charged $59.00 and i didnt received the phone call as was promised. I need to ask several questions for me to make informed decisions on how to proceed and protect myself.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Could you get back to me or call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Hello again.

If you have a question about billing, etc., then I'll have to refer you to customer service, as I do not work for the website (I am a practicing attorney).

Please let me know what your questions are, and I'll be happy to answer them. Unfortunately, I an unable to take/make phone calls, but I can continue working with you on this BK issue through this website.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have asked my attorneys to file for a dismissal of Chapter 7 order. Now what is the next step I need to take to prevent the State coming after me?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again.

I'm not sure what you mean about the State coming after you. But the next step to prevent a liquidation of your business's assets is to get the dismissal. Once the case is dismissed, then the Chapter 7 Trustee will not have any reason (or authority) to liquidate your business's assets. Everything will go back to how it was before you filed for BK.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further clarification, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
What i meant by State is that. The only creditors i have is the IRS and the State of New Jersey.
What i wanted to know is that, by asking court to dismissed the case, i am no longer have the protection of the court. Threfore they can come after me. Right.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hi again.

Yes, you are correct. Once the BK is dismissed, your creditors can go after you just as they could have done before the BK was filed.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Now in order to protect myself from these creditors, what step i should take to secure myself. Anything i can immediately do to keep abay?.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Hi again.

The only thing you can do is (1) pay what is owed, (2) enter into a payment plan, or (3) file for BK. Obviously (3) is out of the question, so that leaves (1) and (2). If you can't pay it all in a lump sum, then perhaps the two agencies will accept a payment plan. You'll need to contact them to inquire about appyling.