Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I did file bankrubcy and went to hearing but because I took

Customer Question

I did file bankrubcy and went to hearing but because I took a loan off my 401 K after bankrubcy the trustee ask for some paper I give it to my lawyer and he said the next hearing the trustee wa T's the loan you took otherwise he case will be dismissed
I want know can I give the loan back and put it back to my 401 K before I see trustee next time or not
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you cannot undo the loan. However, you can file objection to the Trustee wanting you to turn over the money. You Attorney should bring the issue to the Judge and let the Judge decide. The Trustee is not the Judge. The Trustee is not always correct and when there is a disagreement, it would be ultimately up to the Judge to decide. So, I will not give up so easily if I were your Attorney.

Goodluck with your case,