Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

The trustee in my ch 13 case is seeking to reopen my case

Customer Question

The trustee in my ch 13 case is seeking to reopen my case after closing it 9 months. He says I owe $1000. The trustee has never directly contacted me but contacted my former bankruptcy attorney who has made it t very clear to me that this would require a new retainer. Additionally the trustee attempted to bypass the court by contacting the payroll department at my work and directing them to take the money out of my paycheck. He has filed a motion to reopen because I challenged his authority to take the money. Should I proceed with the motion or pay?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am a bankruptcy attorney in Virginia. I look forward to helping you with this issue. Are you online now?

I'm here on standby. Please let me know if you still need help. Thanks.