Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

My chapter seven was discharged then the discharge was

Customer Question

My chapter seven was discharged then the discharge was revoked. Does interest on the judgment become retroactive or when the revocation of discharge was entered. I need the legal cases.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If the court revokes your discharge, you remain liable for the debts included in your discharge. This means that you are back to square one and where you started before you filed your case. So, whatever the judgment from the original case states about how and when pre and post judgment interest should accrue, that is what controls.

See this case which states: The court concludes that a revocation of discharge judgment puts a debtor in the position he would have been in if his judgment had been denied predischarge.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.