CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Can the bankruptcy court put our house up for sale when we

Customer Question

Can the bankruptcy court put our house up for sale when we didn't complete the bankruptcy courses after court?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

The bankruptcy trustee is not going to sell your home simply because you did not complete the debtor's education courses (you will not receive your discharge until you complete those courses - they are fairly simple and take only a short amount of your time), but I would highly recommend that you retain a local bankruptcy attorney promptly to go over your bankruptcy case, identify where exactly your case was left by your former attorney at the time that he passed away, and see if there is something else out there that is left open (or that occurred) that would possibly jeopardize your home (other than the completion of these courses).