LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney, licensed for over 23 years.
58185682

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THIS STATUS MEANS ON THE NDC

Customer Question

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THIS STATUS MEANS ON THE NDC WEBSITE, Z ACTIVE - AUDIT CASE STATUS
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: TENNESSEE
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not recently, my lawyer seems to be difficult to get a hold of
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have been in my bankruptcy for 48 months, out of a 60 month bankruptcy, the base amount was meet early due to a insurance payoff on a vehicle that was totaled about 19 months ago.
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: TN, such as?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Z ACTIVE - AUDIT CASE STATUS indicates the an audit is being performed is to make sure that the trustee's office did not make a mistake and failed to make the proper payments to one or more creditors. This is routine and no cause for alarm. This is normally done in every chapter 13 case prior to the trustee completing a final report and accounting.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. If not please rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.