Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am 100% disabled veteran i have to file i make around

Customer Question

i am 100% disabled veteran i have to file for bankruptcy i make around 5000$ tax free monthly from va compensation and army retirment and ssdi but all of those money my wife took it to spend on our 4 children and old mom is this money protected if i file bancrubtcy or not
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: wa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet i have debit around 10000 $ i did not talked to any lawyer yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i have erectile dysfunction from the wounded in the army and i am seperatec from my wife but we still live at the same house i bought it in 2010 she took money for caregiver of me and my mom do u think we should finished devorce before bancrubtcy she does not wanna be involve cause iam the one who spent all the line of credits and credits on gambling in casino cause i have ptsd can not control my self
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Response: The money is protected. Your VA benefits and Social Security benefits are 100% exempt from execution. So, the bankruptcy trustee cannot go after the benefits.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.