Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm in chapter 7 bankruptcy and just had a 6 hour 2004

Customer Question

Hi I'm in chapter 7 bankruptcy and just had a 6 hour
2004 deposition. I will have another within 60 days, and feel like I was being destroyed. I had a very bad gambling problem and was forced to do so.
What should I expect ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

What should I expect ?

Response: If you are not doing quite well in the deposition, the creditor may be successful in getting the Court to rule that the gambling debts will not be dischargeable in your bankruptcy making you still responsible for the debts, regrettably. To avoid this potential, you would need to do a better job preparing for the next deposition. Also, if you do not have an Attorney, you may consider retaining an Attorney for your case.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.