Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I purchased a vehicle from Carvana on 05/21/2016, I was

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle from Carvana on 05/21/2016, I was required to pay a down payment of $1500.00 which was processed however returned due to a calculation error on my part 4 days later. I reached out as soon a i recognized the error and was advised that they would re draft the payment on 06/04/2016. I called on 06/24/2016 regarding the vehicle tag that I had not received and was advised that they had sent notice out to have the vehicle picked up. I had already made the first payment on the vehicle directly to the finance company GO Financial which I have now learned is a sister company of Carvana. I attempted twice to have them re draft the down payment however they have declined. I am without a tag for the car and have had it now just over a month. I want to keep the vehicle and have the money to pay and am concerned that it will be repossession if the vehicle is picked up. I spoke with a friend advised that filing Chapter 13 may be an option, can you tell me if this is an option being that the vehicle is so new ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.
I do not think you need to file bankruptcy. One option is to have an attorney send a letter demanding the redraft and credit be applied. The other option is to file suit in small claims court.

Let me know if you have any specific questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.