Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

There are 5 joint owners of property (open land), held as

Customer Question

There are 5 joint owners of property (open land), held as tenants in common with unequal shares. The deed of trust describes the exact dimensions and location of the section of that land that would go to each joint owner should partition occur due to dissolution/ending of the trust. The deed descibes certain situations that would trigger the end of the trust and hence the partition to take place. However, I am interested to know what would happen should one of the joint owners face bankruptcy. If the other 4 did not want to sell the land in total, would the bankruptcy trustee enact the ending of the trust agreement and sell only that section which was allocated to the bankrupt owner?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Please allow me a brief moment to read and answer your question.