TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I am in chapter 13 and have been awarded VA disability

Customer Question

I am in chapter 13 and have been awarded VA disability compensation. Does it have to be reported to my lawyer or trustee
JA: The Bankruptcy Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes I have a bankruptcy lawyer. I have not been happy with her because of all the wrong info. I get done with the bankruptcy March 2017
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I told her I was award the VA disability compensation. how do we handle it with the trustee.
JA: Is there anything else the Bankruptcy Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No I started getting it in January and was told it was tax free so at the time I though it didn't need to add in the bankruptcy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Bankruptcy Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Yes, you should report the disability compensation to your attorney, who should then file an amended Plan that takes the compensation into account. Your attorney will update the trustee. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.