dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

Our non-paying tenant has filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy,

Customer Question

Hello, our non-paying tenant has filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy, after we had a final judgment (with 7 day stay of eviction), but hadn't yet obtained the warrant for eviction. The bankruptcy was filed with a different address, in an entirely different county from the subject property (our only residence, a two-family home). The stay and non-payment of rent are causing severe financial hardship for us, the property owners. Do we have any real and epexedited path to eviction?
JA: The Bankruptcy Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did not know I was communicating with a bot.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Bankruptcy Lawyer should know?
Customer: You are not a person.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Bankruptcy Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 months ago.
you do have legal relief but you must file a "relief from stay" action in the BK court. This is an expedited process when real estate is involved. To make sure that you follow all local rules of court,please consult a BK creditor attorney to assist you.