DrakeLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC

We have a $20,000 lien on our bank account and other debts.

Customer Question

We have a $20,000 lien on our bank account and other debts. We need to file a chapter 11 bankruptcy case to keep operating and release the lien.
JA: The Bankruptcy Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Bankruptcy Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a wholistic wellness center in vienna virginia. I had a couple of equipment loans out and business got dangerously slow. I have been trying to catch up and things have gotten behind to the point of a judgement and garnishment of my accounts. Now i cant do anything because i have no money. I would like to do chapter 11 to lift this off my account and restructure everything to pay it off over time
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Bankruptcy Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Whats the wait time on an answer?
JA: So many people have lost everything over the last few years. The Bankruptcy Lawyer's on JustAnswer helped me hang onto my house. Is there anything else important you think the Bankruptcy Lawyer should know?
Customer: They have taken all the money out of my account and it is 19,000 in the hole. I cant run my business with no money. Everything i make will be gone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Bankruptcy Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.It does sound like chapter 11 for the business is the only thing that will free up that money and allow you to keep operating. Do you have any specific questions that I can help with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can we do it alone or do we have to have a lawyer
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.
You definitely need a lawyer to do chapter 11. It is very complex. You can pay the lawyer overtime through the bankruptcy itself though if that helps. But chapter 11 is not a quick and easy process and the filing fee alone is $1,700.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you be the lawyer to help us?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town. I am afraid I cannot be the one since I am not licensed in Virginia, I can assist you in finding someone though if you have not yet found someone. Let me know.