Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

NEED AN ATTORNEY (BANKRUPTCY)

Customer Question

NEED AN ATTORNEY (BANKRUPTCY)
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 months ago.
hihow may i help you? I am a bankruptcy attorney
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to file a chapter 7, my 18 wheeler truck was repossessed. How much will it cost me attorney fees upfront? I live in Houston, tx
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 months ago.
chapter 7 will discharge the debt, it won't get the vehicle back. Chapter 13 can if you file quickly. Chapter 7 is a debt elimination, chapter 13 is a debt consolidation. Attorneys fees can vary state to state/city to city. most bankruptcy attorneys offer free consults and you can get a quote. do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can this incident avoid a LIEN on my mortgage in a chapter 13 or 7; My home was refinanced by my wife, and her mother without any of my signatures NOR my permission. As a spouse in TX I never signatured the NOTE, nor did I signature the DOT. Is it possible that I can avoid the lien if I am in foreclosure?.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 months ago.
no, bankruptcy won't do that. You need to hire a real estate attorney to handle those matters.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 months ago.
bankruptcy only discharges debt payment requirements, it doesn't remove liens like that
Expert:  Terry L. replied 7 months ago.
did you have any further questions? this question is still open. Please accept the answer by rating it with the stars above. Otherwise, i do not get credit in the system for answering if it is still open. Thanks