Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

How do i fill out a notice of hearing and also a order for

Customer Question

how do i fill out a notice of hearing and also a order for extension of time in illinois bk ct
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. I need a few more details of what you are trying to accomplish legally. Are you the debtor, creditor. Was anything filed so far?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am the debtor. They filed an adversary complaint which in order to ask for an extension to answer because I don't have a lot of money for a big retainer, i need to filed a notice of hearing and an order and I've really no idea what to do
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 7 months ago.
I'm going to let someone who knows Illinois bankruptcy respond.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
HERE is a sample motion to extend time to answer an adversary complaint that you can use as a Go-By. Once that motion is filed you have to contact the court coordinator and ask for a hearing date and time . Once you get that you will have to prepare and file and serve a notice of hearing whereby you inform the court and the opposing side of the hearing date and time. You will also need to file a proposed order for the court to sign with blank lines for the judge to fill in with dates and time and a blank line for his signature. This proposed order is the order you want the court to sign if it grants you the extension of time to answer. more to come...
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
See corrections above. Here is a notice of hearing form to use as a go-by. Here is a sample order granting a stay that you can modify and use to get an extension of time to answer