Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.

We filed Chapter 7 and wanted to reaffirm our home. We are

Customer Question

We filed Chapter 7 and wanted to reaffirm our home. We are in a payment arrangement with the lender but they have now filed a motion for relief from Automatic Stay. When the date of the hearing arrives the amount listed in the pleading will be paid minuse 231.16. We are unsure how to handle this motion
JA: The Bankruptcy Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Bankruptcy Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Bankruptcy Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: are you real?
JA: No. I'm the Bankruptcy Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: thx . . . we have a modification on the home is is at 2%, the payment arrangement required equal installments up to june 2016. File BK on 4/6 . . meeting of creditors on 5/11/16 and motion for relief hearing on 5/31/16
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Bankruptcy Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 6 months ago.
The lender is attempting to receive its payments pending the bankruptcy. Do you object to this arrangement? If so, you should respond to the motion. Also, read the emotion to see if there are any other issues that you wish to object to. If you have any objections to them motion, you should file an opposition. If not, simply submit on the requested relief requested by the lender.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.