Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2008 reaffirmed my 1st and

Customer Question

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2008 reaffirmed my 1st and 2nd mortgage. My 1st mortgage foreclosed and my house was sold at sheriffs sale. I continued to pay my 2nd mortgage even tho I no longer have a house. I've been paying this mortgage since 2006 and it is still the same amount as it was the day I took the loan. I stopped paying it about 6 months ago and am now in default with them, I should of never reaffirmed but I did, my question is since I reaffirmed this loan in a chapter 7 am I forever stuck with it, even when I have no house or can I file a chapter 13? This is in Ohio!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.You are not stuck with it forever, it can be discharged in a subsequent chapter 7 or 13. Just keep in mind the filing deadlines for a repeat case.