Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I filed a year and a half ago and have been released. I have

Customer Question

Hello I filed for bankruptcy a year and a half ago and have been released. I have a vehicle. That I filed on and it's just been sitting in my driveway for all this time. Recently I've received a letter from this company stating they want the vehicle. Is there time up. I told them to come and get it but no words . What to do
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

ANSWER:

If the title to the vehicle still shows them as a lien holder [even though the car note was discharged in the BK], then, yes the lender still has a right to take possession of the vehicle.