How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to an attorney to deal with a former divorce attorney

Customer Question

i went to an attorney to deal with a former divorce attorney harassment about a disputed bill. He filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy electronically during that visit. Upon petition review with the bankruptcy trustee , i asked that the petition be withdrawn based on my misunderstanding of the process as he explained it. My attorney said that i could not, so i have been sucked into this process where i being financially drained and treated like a criminal . i have had 3 attorneys who just basically twist my arm to mortgage or sell my home and pay the money that the trustee wants. i don't want another atty. that calls themselves bankruptcy atty. because they just seem to be working for the trustee while i pay them. I want someone who can deal with reverse this mentally mistake that happened on day one . i want someone who i can pay to work for my justice. don't know what title or practice that falls under but hope it is not someone tied to that system. someone on the outside . Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A debtor can file a motion in a CH 7 case to voluntarily dismiss their bankruptcy. In order for the court to dismiss the bankruptcy, the court has to be satisfied that the debtor will have some way to make payments upon or pay off the debts that are listed in the bankruptcy petition. If you cannot find another local attorney to file the motion for voluntary dismissal of the bankruptcy, you need to dismiss your current attorney and file your own motion to dismiss. Here is a sample motion to dismiss;
If you cannot show that you have found some way to pay the debts, the court will not dismiss the bankruptcy I am afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Phone service is a premium service and I will send you the offer as required by the site.
If you have any follow up questions, you can post them here without premium fees and I will reply to you here.