Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I have a debt collector who has brought me to court debt

Customer Question

I have a debt collector who has brought me to court for a debt from 12 yes ago, I filled out paperwork and went to court, sent back more and now saying I'm still in contempt. Is there also a statue of limitations in colorado
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 8 months ago.

Yes. 6 years. You should be able to beat the case based upon the statute of limitations argument. http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/state-statutes-of-limitations-for-old-debts-1.aspx

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.