Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
10285032

I have a Ch 13 BK that is paid in full as of 12/9. No

Customer Question

I have a Ch 13 BK that is paid in full as of 12/9. No disbursements have been made since that date and I am unable to reach my Atty or Bk trustee to find out the discharge date. There is a small judgement lien on my properties and they are all in escrow. This was supposed to have been resolved as part of the bk. what do I do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your trustee has to file the discharge pleading to get the court to issue final discharge. Once the trustee verifies the debts are paid off according to the plan, the trustee would file a motion for discharge of bankruptcy. Your attorney should be contacting the trustee and your attorney works for you, so they should contact you in response to those calls or they would be in violation of the AZ rules of professional conduct for not communicating with a client.