Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
10285032

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking on filing a bare

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking for information on filing a bare bones chapter 13 Pro Se in Maryland.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm trying to prevent the foreclosure sale of the house I received after my Mother passed. I tried to refinance it but my credit wasn't sufficient. I'm hoping that the bankruptcy will give me enough time for my wife to refinance it under her name.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here is a link with the forms you can use for filing your own bankruptcy, even though it is much easier for you and better to file using a local bankruptcy attorney and you should reconsider using one. https://www.legalconsumer.com/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-form.php?FIPS=24017
Also, the MD Court has instructions and video to help guide you through the process if you cannot find an attorney to assist you at a reasonable rate: http://www.mdb.uscourts.gov/content/no-attorney