Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Will having a Canadian bankrutcyy, prevent my going back to

Customer Question

will having a Canadian bankrutcyy, prevent my going back to live in the US? I have dual citizenship
JA: OK. The Bankruptcy Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: will having a Canadian bankrutcyy, prevent my going back to live in the US? I have dual citizenship
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Bankruptcy Lawyer should know?
Customer: will having a Canadian bankrutcyy, prevent my going back to live in the US? I have dual citizenship
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Bankruptcy Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: will having a Canadian bankrutcyy, prevent my going back to live in the US? I have dual citizenship
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

The answer is NO. Your bankruptcy in Canada will not affect your U.S. Citizenship.