Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I LIVE IN NY. NEED TO FILE AN OBJECTION TO DISCHARGE IN A

Customer Question

I LIVE IN NY. NEED TO FILE AN OBJECTION TO DISCHARGE IN A CHAPTER 7 IN MINNESOTA. THE DEFENDANT WAS SCHEDULED FOR A FEDERAL TRIAL ON 2-8-16 IN WHITE PLAINS ,NY AND HIS LAWYER SENT A BAKRUPSY PAPERS TO NTHE FEDERAL JUDGE ON 2-5-16. THIS PUT A STOP ON THE TRIAL.LOST $200,000 OF MY PENSION TRADING IN MY AMERITRADE ACCOUNT AND LIED ABOUT BEING A REGISTERED INVESTMENT ADVISOR. I AM A 83 VERIZON RETIREE AND NEED HELP ,TO MAKE SURE I AM LISTED AS ONE OF THE CREDITORS, CAN I DO THIS FILING, USE LEGAL AID IN MINNEAPOLIS OR NEED A LAWYER WITH ESTIMATE OF COST.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your retirement.

No, it is not prudent to do this filing on your own because it is a very complex filing. You would need assistance. In any event, click on the link below for sample objections:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sample%20objection%20to%20bankruptcy%20discharge

It may be difficult to get a pro bono bankruptcy Attorney to assist you with filing objections to the dischargeability of your debt and objections to the bankruptcy Discharge itself. This would be litigation in the bankruptcy forum and most Attorneys would want to be paid for assisting you with the case. Nevertheless, you can use the following link to try to find free legal services in Minnesota:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=free%20bankruptcy%20legal%20services%20in%20minnesota

You can use the sites below to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys. As for the estimate of cost, I unfortunately cannot give you that because every Attorney sets his or her fees based on the scope of services. You would need to speak with two or more Attorneys to get information about their fees and what exactly they would do for you. Best wishes,

Nacba.org

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com